Join a free Zoom session to discuss implementing POLST: Portable Medical Orders Training into your organization. Sessions will be held once monthly through September. Attendance will be limited to 10 people per session, so get registered right away!
Who Should Attend?
This training is intended for advanced practice nurses, nurses, social workers, chaplains, and emergency medical services personnel. It is approved for one contact hour by the North Dakota Board of Nursing.
Why Should I Attend?
- Acquire new skills, competencies, and best practices regarding POLST.
- Learn about best practices and scripting for patients with serious and life threatening illnesses.
- Enhance your awareness and education about POLST in North Dakota.
- Describe how POLST conversations impact POLST form completion.
- Identify what the role of the nurse is in completing the North Dakota POLST form.
- Explain the process of implementing POLST where you work.
Dates & Times
Times are listed in Central time.
- Wednesday, September 9
10:00 – 11:00 am or 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Nancy Joyner, MS, CNS-BC, APRN, ACHPN®
Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Sara Schwarz, MA
Chaplain & ACP Lead at Sanford Health Bismarck